The right toothpaste is an important part of your daily oral hygiene routine. Like your toothbrush, it needs to be a good match for your mouth. If you have teeth that require more than just a good clean, our team at The Dental Studio on 30th suggests the following toothpastes:
– Whitening toothpaste: If your teeth are looking a little yellow, a whitening toothpaste may give them the shine they need. However, whitening toothpastes only remove minor stains—if you desire a deeper whitening treatment, ask Dr. Brett Riche about our professional teeth whitening.
– Fluoride toothpaste: All toothpastes, when used properly and frequently, keep teeth clean and bacteria-free, but fluoride toothpaste also strengthens tooth enamel, providing additional protection from cavities. If you’re prone to tooth decay, this may be the best toothpaste for your dental health.
– Desensitizing toothpaste: If tooth sensitivity is preventing you from enjoying hot and cold food, a desensitizing toothpaste will block the pain signals to the roots of your teeth. You should also visit your dentist, as tooth sensitivity could be a sign of a larger dental problem.
– Tartar-control toothpaste: You may be in need of a tartar-control toothpaste if your teeth are especially vulnerable to the buildup of tartar-causing plaque. Once tartar forms on your teeth, though, only a dental professional like Dr. Brett Riche can remove it.
– Anti-gingivitis toothpaste: Red, bleeding gums are a symptom of gingivitis, the early stage of gum disease. Anti-gingivitis toothpaste reduces oral bacteria to prevent gingivitis before it develops.
Selecting the right toothpaste can be a complicated, frustrating procedure when you’re looking for a specific type. However, shopping for toothpaste in Farmington, New Mexico, will be much easier if you ask Dr. Brett Riche for a professional recommendation to match you with the right brand and type. You can reach him at 505.592.0477.